Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Thick & Creamy Frappe at Home


I love dessert
I love coffee flavored dessert
Tiramisu, coffee flavored ice creams, java chillers at Sonic. You name it.
So when I saw a holiday mint frappe recipe I was intrigued. I already make my own iced coffees (weekly) at home so I was excited to see how frappes come together.
Well I wasn't digging the recipe that I saw but it taught me the main idea of how to get the frappe texture at home and not some runny mess.
Coffee frozen in ice cube trays!
Genius
So here's my recipe. I have been waiting to put it up on here until I was able to make it again/perfect it but I just haven't gotten around to buying more ice cream so be looking out for updates to this version.


Thick & Creamy Frappes
Serves 1-2

6-8 frozen coffee ice cubes
2-4 TBL of milk or half and half
1/2 cup ice cream of your choice. I used coffee flavored. Vanilla or chocolate would be way yummy too
1-2 TSP sugar (or to taste)

Add all ingredients to blender.
Blend, stir, blend, stir, until all ice chunks are small and ground down fine.
If mix is too thick add more milk (TBL at a time) 
Top it off with whipped cream and or chocolate syrup (ice cream topping)

If you are wanting more variation in flavor omit sugar and add flavored creamers in lieu of milk. Pumpkin spice, hazelnut, the combinations are endless :)

Happy blending!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Some Love

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...