Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Girls Maxi Skirt Tutorial


( UPDATE:
This is an up-cycle. I had that originally in the title but when checking where my traffic was coming from in search engines some people were looking for a combination of the wording I used in the original title. Its very upsetting, especially when "Little Girl" was part of it. I would like to find people like that and publicly humilate them among other things)


was in the sewing mood.
But I wanted something quick
I dig quick
Quick gets me a finished project Inbetween "nursings"
Quick got me this maxi skirt for my daughter in 15 minutes flat. I didn't even use pins.
I walk on the wild side.



Here's a quick "Tutorial"

Child's Maxi Skirt

Find a woman's knee to calf length knit skirt with elastic waist.
Have your daughter step into it
With your fingers pinch the waist on both hips to where it fits. 
Mark the spots on both hips with a pin or a washable marker. Make sure you mark the front of the skirt and back of the skirt on both hips (4 marks) 
Now sew the skirt. With jersey knit use a zig zag stitch so the fabric will still have give to it aka stretch.
As you sew down flare the stitch out (as seen in photo above) just a little or the fit will be more like a pencil skirt and not a maxi. 
BAM
You're done!

The Hem should be already done but if you're  unhappy with the length you can always raise the hem higher





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Some Love

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...