Wednesday, June 18, 2014

A New Tank Top


I'm trying to make more of Emrey's wardrobe this summer instead of buying online. Living in a small town this is your main option, and after S&H it can get costly. I find myself only wanting one or two things from three different stores and instead of paying $24 on shipping, (from 3 different places) I end up buying that 1 thing I want and buying a few more things that I just kinda like to make it worth it. 
I've heard the argument that sewing is more expensive then buying and for me that rarely is the case. Many of the notions I use my dad buys at auctions for me (see bottom below). Also some of my basic solid colors have been given to me by people unloading their excess fabric on me. I don't use a lot of solids but have been able to work them in here and there. 
I also draft a lot of my own patterns which for tank tops is very simple. 
Other clothing item are not always worth the hassle or your sanity! 
Here's some more pictures of my latest design :) 




The main fabric is by Free Spirit
Bodice is Kona Cotton
Straps Michael Miller (was on sale at fabric.com for $6 <3 )

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Some Love

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...