Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Sweatshirt Upcycle

I found this XXl Old Navy Sweater at my home town thrift store and knew right then and there that it would be perfect to make into a dress for Emrey. I am so thankful for my home town little second hand not for profit shopt! Where i live now its a different story, she jacks up prices and wont negotiate :(. I still really love going in there though, im always hoping to find something fun to upcycle or paint...you just never know what youre hoing to find in a thrift store, i love it!
All I had to do was use this: no pattern technique and went from there.

I cut an inch up from the band of the sleeve, at an angle, for the collar.

Aisle to Aloha


I situated the collar on the inside of the neck of the dress, pinned it, then flipped it upward
so I could sew it onto the dress (photo below)

I did this to both the front and back of the dress


It turned out really cute. Word of advise, DONT add 1/4 seam allowance, I did and regreted it.
I ended up having to take it in because it streches well and was waaay too baggy. Enjoy, have fun, mistakes
will always come along, let yourself make them, then let them slide off your back.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Some Love

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...