Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Hacking....The Fun Kind

Since I've been sewing I've only ever bought one pattern. I found out how to "hack" patterns and that's been my only way of sewing. Basically you trace an existing garment and use that as a pattern. No $5 patterns, which is soo nice, and really does make, making clothes cheaper then buying.
Here's a tutorial by MADE on just how to do it:
http://www.dana-made-it.com/2008/07/tutorial-make-your-own-pattern.html

Make sure And add 1/4 inch all around for your seam allowance. Pretty much like I didn't do for this little number. It doesn't fit around her trunk unfortunately. Bummer. I didn't quite take into account that their was no stretch in the fabric I used. It's all part of the territory, I mind messing up in alot of areas. I never kick myself to hard for the mistakes I make in sewing and you shouldn't either, just have fun enjoy creating.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Some Love

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...