Monday, March 10, 2014

Faux Brushed Bronze Hardware



I feel like there are so many very little things in my house that I would love to update.
I'll daydream at night about remodeling projects (both reasonable ideas and bat-crap crazy renovations)
Updating our gold door knobs upstairs is on the reasonable side and I've only wanted to do it for a year now. Ha!
So just 20 minutes ago I up and did it with what I had on hand.
Here's a mini tutorial for your little DIY pleasure.


Faux Brushed Bronze Tutorial: 

Supplies
Spray paint and top coat spray paint
Phillips screw driver
Fine grit sandpaper or steel wool
Sharpie 


Unscrew your doorknob(s)

Very lightly sand off top glossy coat. This allows your spray paint to adhere much better and you're less likely to have runs

Lightly spray both doorknobs x2

After they dry, spray with topcoat for longer lasting color

Screw back on

Sharpie or spray paint the screws for a finished look







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Some Love

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...